The American Academy Casablanca offers a distinctly unique American school experience.
Through participation in the highest quality, inquiry-based, student-centered programs, all students find fulfillment by accomplishing personal and academic excellence, become multilingual global citizens that adapt and contribute in a rapidly changing world, and act on their values to positively impact those around them.
American Academy Casablanca aspires to be the leading American-international school in Morocco.
By implementing an innovative and rigorous academic program delivered in a safe, student-centered environment, American Academy Casablanca inspires students to discover their passion for learning, fulfill their potential, and become responsible global citizens.
- Integrity - Being an example to others by demonstrating honesty and upholding the highest moral and ethical principles.
- Compassion - Feeling deep empathy that leads to the desire to serve where there is need.
- Respect - Valuing and showing appreciation for the feelings and well-being of yourself and others.
- Responsibility - Being accountable for your actions, following through on tasks and obligations, accepting consequences, and assuming the need to help and support others.
- Excellence - Always demonstrating your most outstanding qualities and always giving your best.
Our educational philosophy is simple, yet immensely complex -- to develop the whole child, both intellectually and emotionally.
At The American Academy Casablanca, we believe that:
- Students learn most effectively when provided opportunities for exploration, critical thinking, collaboration, and problem-solving within authentic situations in an environment that makes them feel comfortable, challenged and happy.
- Effective instructional practices progress from play-based through project-based and culminate in research-based approaches to teaching and learning.
- We best meet the needs of learners when we understand them as individuals and make them feel welcome and appreciated.
- The family and the community must be active participants in supporting student learning.
- Learning is a lifelong endeavor.
- A culture of high expectations and striving for personal and academic excellence leads to higher achievement.
- Holistic learning encompasses a balance between academics, the arts, and physical, social, and emotional well-being.
- Every person has equal inherent value and that embracing diverse cultures, ideas and practices strengthens our community.
- As a fortunate and educated school community in Morocco, we have the responsibility to do our part to make the world a better place.
- A rich and stimulating learning environment includes aesthetically pleasing buildings, flexible learning spaces, active use of technology, and a safe, supportive and happy atmosphere.
- To challenge students through an internationally accredited, standards-based, American-style curriculum that is multidisciplinary in Primary School, interdisciplinary in Middle School, and disciplinary in High School.
- To help our students find purpose in their lives and the desire to contribute positively to the lives of others.
- To promote lifelong learning among our school community, actively developing our professionals and our students.
- To prepare students who can communicate effectively in English, French, and Arabic to better achieve success in a multicultural, globalized context.
- To create a safe environment that encourages responsible and ethical behaviors in order to nurture healthy interpersonal and intrapersonal relationships.
- To form open-minded individuals who can assertively express their points of view, while appreciating others who do the same.
- To promote a sense of AAC school spirit, sense of belonging and pride in spite of rigorous daily challenges.
- To provide students with a program of study that results in sufficient preparation for admission and success in the universities of their choice.
- To inculcate the values of integrity, compassion, respect, responsibility, and excellence in our students.