Our educational philosophy is simple, yet immensely complex, to develop the whole child, both intellectually and emotionally.
At The American Academy Casablanca, we believe that:
- Students learn most effectively when provided opportunities for exploration, critical thinking, collaboration, and problem-solving within authentic situations in an environment that makes them feel comfortable, challenged and happy.
- Effective instructional practices progress from play-based through project-based and culminate in research-based approaches to teaching and learning.
- We best meet the needs of learners when we understand them as individuals and make them feel welcome and appreciated.
- The family and the community must be active participants in supporting student learning.
- Learning is a lifelong endeavor.
- A culture of high expectations and striving for personal and academic excellence leads to higher achievement.
- Holistic learning encompasses a balance between academics, the arts, and physical, social, and emotional well-being.
- Every person has equal inherent value and that embracing diverse cultures, ideas and practices strengthens our community.
- As a fortunate and educated school community in Morocco, we have the responsibility to do our part to make the world a better place.
- A rich and stimulating learning environment includes aesthetically pleasing buildings, flexible learning spaces, active use of technology, and a safe, supportive and happy atmosphere.
- To challenge students through an internationally accredited, standards-based, American-style curriculum that is multidisciplinary in Primary School, interdisciplinary in Middle School, and disciplinary in High School.
- To help our students find purpose in their lives and the desire to contribute positively to the lives of others.
- To promote lifelong learning among our school community, actively developing our professionals and our students.
- To prepare students who can communicate effectively in English, French, and Arabic to better achieve success in a multicultural, globalized context.
- To create a safe environment that encourages responsible and ethical behaviors in order to nurture healthy interpersonal and intrapersonal relationships.
- To form open-minded individuals who can assertively express their points of view, while appreciating others who do the same.
- To promote a sense of AAC school spirit, sense of belonging and pride in spite of rigorous daily challenges.
- To provide students with a program of study that results in sufficient preparation for admission and success in the universities of their choice.
- To inculcate the values of integrity, compassion, respect, responsibility, and excellence in our students.
School Calendar - IB Programme - School Events - Gallery